Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Update

Last Friday, September 11, we got the news. . . . that we weren't pregnant :( It was hard and a really crappy day. Things are getting easier though and I am trying to stay positive that it will work next time when we try with our frozen embryos. It feels more like a loss this time. It didn't just feel like I didn't get pregnant. It felt more like a miscarriage or a death because they were alive for 3 days. They were only 8 cells, but still alive. So I guess that has made it a little harder than just not getting pregnant.

I have felt very comforted the past few days and know that is the only reason I am doing as well as I am. Sometimes it is hard, and you want to give up, and you start to lose hope. But, sometimes that is just how life goes and we don't know why we have to go through the trials we have, but we make it through them anyways and hopefully they make us stronger. I guess we will see.

Thanks to everyone for all of your love and concern. We are doing pretty good. The best that we can anyways, and are trying to stay positive for the future.

12 comments:

Nield Family said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. Seriously that just sucks!! Hang in there, we will continue to keep you in our prayers.

jaesi said...

Isnt it funny how the game of life plays?

You are wishing to get preg, and Im doing everything not to.

Whenever your kids come, they are sure to be the most adorable!!!

Im not sure if Ive mentioned before but my parents were married 7 years, couldnt get pregnant at all, adopted 2 kids, and then had 5 girls right in a row.

Love ya!

Kim said...

I am really sorry to hear about this! You guys are for sure in our prayers!!!

Stephens Family said...

Bobbi & Luke...we long you guys and we are sorry. We will pray for you guys.

Abby said...

havent stopped thinking about you guys! Im super impressed with your attitude though... you are awesome!!! Love ya!!

Bradleys said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I'm impressed by your faithful attitude. We're thinking about you guys.

Lacy J. said...

I'm glad I found you:) Its been a while since nursing school! Sorry about your news, I hope this next time will go better, I'll be thinkin' about you and Luke-hang in there!

allieb said...

So sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how hard it is to go through all this but it sounds like you have been very strong & positive throughout it all. I know it will work out for you!

goldmania said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping for you. I admire your attitude and things will work out for the best. sometimes we don't always understand them which is frustrating but know you are loved. Keep smiling. :)Take care

Jamie W said...

Oh - I'm sorry! My heart is sad for you. I hope you get better news next time!

The Bowlers said...

I'm so sorry Bobbi..I can only imagine how frustrating that is. LIke you said, it is definately making you guys stronger, and you guys are always in our thoughts and prayers!

Kris said...

Bobbi and Luke!
I had no idea! i really admire the hard work and effort you two are doing to become parents! Dont give up! whether you ever do concieve on your own or you use some other method. But I have to say, if you ever adopt. You will be giving a child another chance to have a very blessed life and to grow up in the gospel! Im so grateful for MY second chance!
I love you two and wish you the best of luck!
Kris