Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nursing school dropout

So..... I decided not to go back to school after all. After that first day back I had a really bad day and was feeling stressed and overwhelmed about my life. My dad called later that evening and we had a good chat about life and he told me that he has learned that we can't control everything in life. It was then that I realized school was something in my life that I could control and eliminate if it would make my life easier. So...after sleeping on it and praying about it, I felt like not going to school was the right thing to do. So I withdrew from fall semester, called and told them I wouldn't be needing my scholarship after all and that was that. I know that any extra stress could prevent me from getting pregnant and that is not something I want to do right now. Starting a family is more important to me than getting another degree that I don't even really need right now. Just thought I would clear that up since my last post was about going back to school. I didn't want to mislead any of you to thinking that I was being scholarly anymore. ha ha. Although I have been reading a lot. I'm almost done with Eclipse. Only 3 more chapters to go! I've been pretty worthless the past couple of days because the book has gotten really good towards the end!

12 comments:

Kim said...

You gotta do what is right for yourself. The stress probably isn't worth it. It probably sucks having to go back to school once you've had a nice break...good thing Brett never had a nice break...

LV said...

That must be a relief to come to that decision. I'm glad life is looking better now! School, schmule. You got enough under your belt to call it good for quite some time! I love yer guts.

The Bowlers said...

Hey Bobbi, you've accomplished so much already! I think you'll be happy with your decision. Good luck with everything! We think about you guys alot!

Emily Harper said...

Good for you! Sometimes you really have to step back for a second to see what's best for you. I wish you luck in the baby department!

Abby said...

good choice bobbi! I wish we lived closer so that we could hang. I think you need to take a trip up to kaysville and come see me :) Better yet I wish we could move to cedar. but lets be honest. that wont happen. dang. Hang in there though with the baby thing. I'm right there with ya. Its so hard. I'm going to give yoga a shot. I keep reading in magazines that it can help with fertility because it releases alot of stress. haha. Worth a try right? Hey call me I need your number.. i've lost all my numbers!

Jennifer said...

Hi this is Jennifer(Banks) Nelson, I need your address so I can send you an invitation to annalisa's wedding. My e-mail address is jennybanks@hotmail.com

Jennifer said...

sorry it's me again...my e-mail address is actually jennybanks_5@hotmail.com

Bradleys said...

Hard choice, but I think you made the right one, plus reading Eclipse is definately worth it! By the way I love the music on your blog. Sometimes, I go to your blog hit play on the button and clean my house to the music, weird I know!

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

glad you can get a break from all that stress. i am always feeling bad for not going to more school but doing hair is so fun and pays pretty good:) i hope you get to baby making and it happens for you soon:) good luck!

aelster02 said...

Well, I must say that we're glad you aren't going back. ( me and Madison) She's always asking to go and play with Bobbi. Everybody we see with blonde hair she calls Bobbi.

Bradleys said...

Been wondering how you're doing! How's the hospital going? I'll be up there on Wednesday. Gotta do my evals and my family will be there.

Wes, Ash, Parker and Colt Dotson said...

Hey there girly! Well i gave in and today i spent my day making a blog! HAAHA! So just wanted to say hi and your page is so cute but you need some new posts! See ya at work I'm sure!